Lazarillo Tec Spa respects your privacy. Lazarillo Tec Spa (“Lazarillo”) offer mapping and GPS navigation to guide and locate, either in the city or in a closed space, users of Lazarillo’s mobile application (the " Application ") (collectively referred to as the “Services "). Specially developed for blind or with low vision people.
● the information that Lazarillo collects from users;
● how that information is used by Lazarillo; and
● the rights and options available to users.
Contact Lazarillo/ Abuse reports
Information that is being collected
Whenever you use the Services, Lazarillo will collect:
● detailed location and route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. Lazarillo uses this location and route information to create a detailed location history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Application.
● information about your use of the Services. See “Meta-data that we collect”, below;
If you choose to use the Services in a manner detailed below, Lazarillo may also collect:
● information that you choose to share with Lazarillo, including the email you’ve registered, reports associated with your user, “home” or “work”, other “favorites”, destinations you may travel to, search queries. In addition, if you choose to opt in to the ‘find friends’ feature Lazarillo will collect:
- periodically, all of the phone numbers which are stored on your device’s phone book. We only collect numbers in a form which is anonymous to Lazarillo, we will not collect names, addresses or other information from your device's phone book. This information will be used as part of the ‘find friends’ feature to help find and create a list of other Lazarillo users who you may know and with whom you may wish to connect.
- your phone number. Your phone number will be used to verify your account and as part of the ‘find friends’ feature to help find and create a list of other Lazarillo users who you may know and with whom you may wish to connect.
● information required when setting up a username you have chosen, such as your name and gender. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out-dated information may impair Lazarillo’s ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. Lazarillo will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to set up a username; and/ or
● information shared from your social network accounts. See “Integration with social networks”, below.
If you register in the Application:
● Lazarillo will link all of your information with your Account and the registration name. This includes information received from all mobile devices running the Application on which you have chosen to sign in using your username and password;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account will be visible only to Lazarillo; and
● when using the Application, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with that account.
Uses of information
Lazarillo may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
● to provide you with the Services. For example, Lazarillo may:
- use your location and route information and/or search query history to provide navigation services and to provide information and advertisements about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your close vicinity, or that we believe, based on your search query history, you may find interesting.
● to improve the experience of other users. For example, Lazarillo may use your route information to improve the accuracy of its mapping and navigation data;
● to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
● to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
● subject to your prior indication of consent, we may also use the email address that you provide when setting up a username to send you marketing material. At any time, you may choose not to receive such material by:
● to create aggregated and/ or anonymous data. See “How does Lazarillo use aggregated information”, below;
● to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
● to contact you when Lazarillo believes it to be necessary;
● to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Lazarillo has a good faith belief that Lazarillo’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
● to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
● to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
● to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Please note that the email you choose to register will be used to identify you as your username when you use the Services.
You may also provide additional information that will be used to personalize the Services and enhance your experience with the Services. For example, if you provide us your "home" and "work" information or your favorite places to visit.
Further information may be collected when Lazarillo exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact Lazarillo's support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
In particular, users choose to share personal information such as name, their location information, places that they have visited, their ranking and reports. This information may be shared directly to the Service and to all users, such as in the case of reports of difficulties in the path. This information may also be shared via third party services (such as social networks) which interact with the Service upon such users' choice.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with other personal information.
You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services. However, any content that you submit for posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by Lazarillo.
In any event (but except as detailed below with respect to information shared from your social network accounts according to your privacy settings for such social network accounts), your email address will not be visible to others through any reports or user posts that you share or upload.
We, at Lazarillo, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Service. However, Lazarillo has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share information between your Account and your social network account (such as Facebook). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Lazarillo, including your location and route information, transmitted to and shared through your social network account.
When you connect to the social network account through the Services for the first time or otherwise make the Services interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Services. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly, we only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network). You understand that the Services may access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your Account. For example, Lazarillo may allow you to share your location with your Facebook friends, via the Application.
Meta-data that we collect
Lazarillo collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Lazarillo may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
Accessing the Services
Lazarillo may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your log-in details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your log-in details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others.
Sharing information with others
Lazarillo does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
Lazarillo will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Lazarillo's good-faith discretion:
● as necessary for the operation of the Services. For example, making public reports in the streets and which are associated with your name, last name, username and your location;
● If Lazarillo is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
● In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Lazarillo or in relation with the Services;
● In any case where Lazarillo reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
● For facilitating the Service.
● To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Lazarillo, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction.
● Lazarillo may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Lazarillo, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with Lazarillo's other partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Controlling your personal information
Your location and favorite places are associated with your Account and email.
If you find that the information associated with your Account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from setting up an account and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
How does Lazarillo use aggregated information?
Lazarillo may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
Lazarillo may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services' providers, partners and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to block the Website's cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
Lazarillo may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of:
- geographic or contextual information which we collect from you;
- information received from third party partners; as well as
- your search query history.
You hereby agree that we may provide such information and advertisements targeted on the basis of your search query history and other information like favorite places. However, if, when accessing the Services, you no longer wish to see information and advertisements from us targeted on the basis of your search query history or on the basis of information received from third party partners, you are able to opt out of such targeting in the settings of the Application.
The Service includes a messaging system which provides you the ability to receive marketing messages from us. You hereby agree that we may use the messaging system for the purpose of informing you regarding products or services, which may interest you.
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
Lazarillo considers information security to be a top priority. Lazarillo implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Lazarillo takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Lazarillo cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Lazarillo's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.